Windshield Interior and Exterior Care
A vital part of vehicle safety is maintaining clean the windshield, which allows you to have a clearer view of the road while your drive. The glass is going to get dirty, and so you will need to make time to provide a little care. Bird poop, bugs, dirt, dust, road oil, road salt, and tree sap will be responsible for making the exterior of your windshield look dirty. Consequently, you will start to notice it becomes harder to see through the glass.
Improving windshield visibility does not only involve cleaning the exterior part, but it also involves cleaning the inside part of your windshield. Things like smoker’s residue, dust, oils, and other stuff build up on the inside, impairing your visibility.
Here, we will show you how to clean both sides of your vehicle’s windshield.
- Microfiber towels or paper towels
- Glass cleaner
- Rubbing alcohol
Exterior Windshield Cleaning
- Lift the windshield wipers up.
- Dry your microfiber towel with clean water, wipe down the windshield in a circular motion.
- Spray an ammonia-free glass cleaner on the microfiber towel.
- Wipe the glass clean first with straight vertical wipes. Then repeat, but this time making straight horizontal wipes.
- Wipe the rubber edge of the wiper blade with a wet paper towel.
Interior Windshield Cleaning
- Pre-wipe the windshield by using the same motion pattern employed when cleaning the exterior part.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol onto the towel and then rub it on the glass to remove any impurities.
- Spray glass cleaner or the cleaner solution of your preference onto a clean towel, and then wipe the windshield in a circular motion.
Things to Avoid
- Dirty towels
- Glass cleaners with ammonia
- Wiping in circular motion pattern
- Spraying the glass cleaner directly onto the glass
As always, you can bring your car to Mike’s Auto Spa in Westminster. We have a team of professional car detailers that will make your windshield shine! Browse our website to learn about our car wash packages.